From Internet privacy and corporate scandals to abortion and euthanasia – our lives are filled with difficult, often gut-wrenching ethical dilemmas. Perplexed? Come discover new ways to navigate the moral sea as we examine some of today’s toughest questions in the light of the Torah – Judaism’s ethical and moral compass for over three thousand years.
1. Divine Imaging: Human rights, divine obligations and ethical choice.
2. The Power of Speech: Sticks and stones? Try gossip and slander …
3. Truth and Consequences: Balancing truth and peace in a world of good and evil.
4. Gentlemen in Jail: Deception, fraud and white-collar crime – the real violence?
5. Responsible Rivals: Where do we draw the line on competition?
6. Social Obligations: When do I save another … or protect myself?
7. When Life Begins: Fundamentals in Jewish medical ethics and the abortion debate.
8. Till the Last Breath: Jewish perspectives on euthanasia and end-of-life issues.